Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Few Pictures Finally!


Finally got batteries for my camera. But I've been under the weather these last few days and haven't taken any new pictures. Need to start somewhere though, Right??

My current project is altering cigar boxes. I had 3 laying around the garage and I wanted to do something with them. These are those thick cardboard type ones. The un-done one has some damage to it, not too sure if I can or will work with it yet. The gesso covered one will have a blue base too it. And the purple one, well I'm not sure yet. I'd like to do some collaging on it but come to realize I don't have much to work with. I feel a Michael's trip coming on to scavenge the clearance racks. I HATE to pay full price if I don't have too. :D I really want to do more of these types of boxes, maybe wooden as well or instead of these. I just don't know for sure where to find them.


These are some bags I've been crocheting. They are big enough to hold a standard Tarot card deck. The bags are about 6 inches tall or so. They can be used as a small purse, for holding gem stones, cosmetics. I was thinking of putting them up on Etsy.





Like any artist, I worry whether they are 'good enough'? Would they sell? And a host of other questions that race through my mind.


In the next post, I will show a couple of my journal pages.

2 comments:

  1. Your crocheted bags are lovely & I would think they'd easily sell on etsy. Are they lined?

    Looking forward to seeing your journal pages...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bags that I've made aren't lined. Perhaps the next set I start making, I will try lining them.

    ReplyDelete