Sunday, December 18, 2011

Time To Say "NO!" To The Voices In My Head

Once again, I've neglected this blog. I would look at it and think...I really need to post something. But when you don't art, you don't paint...well there's nothing to post.

And that is because I've spent much too much time listening to those negative voices in my head. The ones that tell me "You're no good at this!" "That's just utter crap!" "You don't know what you're doing!" And on and on it goes. Then there's good ole Fear Gremlin whispering in my ear telling me I can't possibly paint or art in front of other people. Whispering "They will laugh at you. They will talk about what junk you create behind your back." I've been too weak to fight back against the voices and the gremlin. Why? I don't know, but I've had enough! NO MORE!

I didn't buy all those supplies to look at them sit in a closet. I didn't ship the ones I had 2200 miles to watch sit next to my new stuff. So what if I didn't ship my work from BIG to have it with me. I can make new paintings.

So as this year is coming to a close, I will say good bye to the fears, to the voices, to the gremlin. I know it will take work on my part, but it's something I have to do. As part of living up to my word for 2011 which was Freedom.

I will approach 2012 with the desire to create. To work in my art journal. To create new BIG paintings. To work on my alter book and box. Over the next couple of weeks I will be picking a word for 2012. I will gear up and prepare to participate in Effy's "Book of Days" year long adventure. I will catch up on the workshops I didn't get to finish. I will dream of joining in the next DEEP and 21 Secrets, I will wish and hope and wish some more that some how, some way I will be able to participate in them as well as in Lifebook. I cannot afford to sign up for any of them, but maybe some how the Fates will find a way for me to join in these fabulous workshops. I will also work through Total Alignment.

As I create, I will share on here. I will share my journey as I come out of my shell and start to art.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ellie I cannot wait to see all you create. I know those ugly, negative gremlins get to all of us...you will conquer them and just create!

    ReplyDelete